Tromsø, Norway, 28 January 2021 – ArcticZymes Technologies (OSE: AZT) reported sales of NOK 22.1 million (16.3) and an EBITDA of NOK 6.8 million (4.9) for the fourth quarter of 2020. Underlying growth continues.
Highlights from Q4 2020
All financials figures are exclusive of discontinued operations (Biotec BetaGlucans)
- ArcticZymes Technologies had Q4 sales of NOK 22.1 million growing by 35% (Q4 2019: NOK 16.3 million)
- Coronavirus related sales are estimated at NOK 7.0 million in Q4 2020 (NOK 0 in Q4 2019)
- Gross profit for ArcticZymes Technologies improved to NOK 21.5 million with 97% margin (Q4 2019: NOK 16.3 Million)
- ArcticZymes Technologies delivered a positive EBITDA of NOK 6.8 million (Q4 2019: NOK 4.9 million)
- Cash-flow for Q4 was positive NOK 80.2 million (Q4 2019: NOK 9.2 million) giving a cash balance of NOK 140.2 million (Q4 2019: NOK 31.2 million)
- ArcticZymes Technologies becomes a pure enzymes company following the divestment of the Biotec BetaGlucans subsidiary to Lallemand Inc., with an Enterprise Value of NOK 70 million
CEO Jethro Holter comments:
“We are delighted that the enzymes business continues to drive strong quarterly sales growth and delivered on its promise to bring ArcticZymes Technologies into profitability during 2020. Both the therapeutics and combined molecular diagnostics (MDx)/molecular research segments have contributed towards growth in Q4. Furthermore, our expanding product range and customer base have been instrumental in fuelling underlying growth.
The divestment of the Biotec BetaGlucans subsidiary was successfully closed and pathed new directions for both Biotec BetaGlucans and ArcticZymes. This transaction thereby allows ArcticZymes Technologies to focus exclusively on the profitable enzyme business and enables additional investments in new infrastructure and personnel both of which will be key to drive innovation and to expand our existing product portfolio.”
To access the report click here
To access the presentation click here
To access the webcast click here