M-SAN High Quality nuclease (Bioprocessing Grade)
M-SAN HQ (Bioprocessing Grade) is the recent addition to our high salt tolerance nucleases portfolio. The biochemical properties of the SAN family of nucleases make them ideal for multiple bioprocessing and biomanufacturing workflows.
M-SAN HQ has been developed to offer the optimal solution for removal of nucleic acids at the near-physiological conditions used in many bioprocessing and biomanufacturing workflows. This novel, nonspeciﬁc endonuclease is active over a broad pH range and displays optimum activity at salt concentrations around 175 mM.
High activity at physiological salt conditions
No protease detected
Supplied with extended product documentation
Figure 1: M-SAN HQ has high activity in the 125 – 250 mM salt range. Activity was measured at 37°C in 25 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.4 @ 37°C, 2.5 mM MgCl2, 50 µg/ml calf thymus DNA
Figure 2: M-SAN HQ has high activity over a broad pH range. Activity (ΔAbs260) was measured at 37°C in 25 mM Tris-HCl (blue) or 25 mM Bis-Tris (gray), 150 mM NaCl, 2.5 mM MgCl2, 50 µg/ml calf thymus DNA.
Figure 3: Activity of M-SAN HQ relative to a competitor nuclease. Equal amounts (as per manufacturers unit definition) of M-SAN HQ and Nuclease B was tested at various NaCl concentrations in 25 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.2 @ 37°C, 5 mM MgCl2, 50 µg/ml calf thymus DNA. Values are expressed as relative activities compared to M-SAN HQ.
Figure 4: Activity of M-SAN HQ compared to a competitor nuclease. Activity was measured in 25 mM
Tris-HCl pH 7.2 @ 37°C, 5 mM MgCl2, 50 µg/ml calf thymus DNA, expressed as ΔAbs260/min.
- Source: Recombinantly produced in Pichia pastoris
- Molecular weight: 24.5 kDa
- Protein Purity: > 99% by SDS-PAGE analysis
- Isoelectric point: 8.62.
- Unit definition: One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that causes a ΔA260 = 1.0 in 30 minutes at 37° in
25 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.6 (@25°C), 2.5 mM MgCl2, 150 mM NaCl, and 50 μg/ml calf thymus DNA.
- Specificity: Nonspecific endonuclease cleaving single and double stranded DNA and RNA.
- Working ranges:
- Temperature: 25 – 50°C
- Salt concentrations (NaCI): 50 - 400 mM, optimal: 125 mM – 250 mM
- Mg2+: >0.5 mM is required for activity, optimal: 4 - 15 mM
- pH: 6.5 - 9.5, optimal: 7.2 – 8.7
Note: The working range is defined as ~20% of activity and optimal range is ~80% of activity.
- Tolerance to typical buffer additives:
- DTT and other reducing agents may inactivate M-SAN HQ
- Urea: Not recommended
- EDTA: Not recommended
M-SAN HQ ELISA Kit
ArcticZymes offers M-SAN HQ ELISA Kit to confirm the removal of M-SAN High Quality (Bioprocessing Grade) in bioprocessing and biomanufacturing applications.
- Fast: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Quantification range: 0.12 – 7.5 ng/ml
- 100% (+ 10%) Measuring range 0.47 – 7.50 ng/ml
- 100% (+ 20%) Measuring range 0.12 – 0.47 ng/ml
- Flexible: 96-well plate in 8-well strip format