M-SAN High Quality nuclease
M-SAN HQ is the latest addition to our high salt tolerance nucleases portfolio. The biochemical properties of the SAN family of nucleases make them ideal for multiple bioprocessing and biomanufacturing workflows.
M-SAN HQ has been developed to offer the optimal solution for removal of nucleic acids at the near-physiological conditions used in many bioprocessing and biomanufacturing workﬂows. This novel, nonspeciﬁc endonuclease is active over a broad pH range and displays optimum activity at salt concentrations around 175 mM.
High activity at physological salt conditions
No protease detected
Supplied with extended product documentation
Figure 1: M-SAN HQ has high activity in the 125 – 250 mM salt range. Activity was measured at 37°C in 25 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.4 @ 37°C, 2.5 mM MgCl2, 50 µg/ml calf thymus DNA
Figure 2: M-SAN HQ has high activity over a broad pH range. Activity (ΔAbs260) was measured at 37°C in 25 mM Tris-HCl (blue) or 25 mM Bis-Tris (gray), 150 mM NaCl, 2.5 mM MgCl2, 50 µg/ml calf thymus DNA.
Figure 3: Activity of M-SAN HQ relative to a competitor nuclease. Equal amounts (as per manufacturers unit definition) of M-SAN HQ and Nuclease B was tested at various NaCl concentrations in 25 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.2 @ 37°C, 5 mM MgCl2, 50 µg/ml calf thymus DNA. Values are expressed as relative activities compared to M-SAN HQ
Figure 4: Activity of M-SAN HQ compared to a competitor nuclease. Activity was measured in 25 mM
Tris-HCl pH 7.2 @ 37°C, 5 mM MgCl2, 50 µg/ml calf thymus DNA, expressed as ΔAbs260/min.
- Source: Recombinantly produced in Pichia pastoris
- Size: Protein size is 24.5 kDa.
- pI: 8.62.
- Unit definition: One Unit is defined as an increase in absorbance at 260 nm of 1 A in 30 minutes at 37°C, using 50 μg/ml calf thymus DNA in a buffer consisting of 25 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.6 @ 25°C, 2.5 mM MgCl2, 150 mM NaCl.
- Tmp: 25–40°C, optimal 37°C
- NaCl: Working range (>20%): 50-400mM. Optimal range (>80%): 125mM–250mM
- Mg2+ (>1mM) is required for activity, optimal range Mg2+ is >4 mM
- pH: Working range (>20%): 6.5-10.0. Optimal range (>80%): 7.2–9.5
- Tolerance to typical buffer additives:
- DTT and other reducing agents may inactivate M-SAN HQ
- Urea: Not recommended
- EDTA: Not recommended