SAN HQ 2.0
SAN High Quality 2.0 is the second generation of our SAN High Quality enzyme. SAN HQ 2.0 offers wider compatibility with downstream processes used in bioprocessing workflows while exhibiting the same salt tolerance and other biochemical characteristics as SAN HQ.The downstream compatibility improvements are of particular importance if used with anionic exchange media or using size exclusion chromatography / TFF below 100 kDa pore size.
High activity at high salt conditions
Compatible with SAN HQ 2.0 ELISA
Active at low temperatures
No protease detected
Table 1. Easy separation. Due to its high isoelectric point (9.55), SAN HQ 2.0 binds strongly to cation exchange media, even at elevated pH and salt concentrations, where few other proteins binds. SAN HQ 2.0 does not typically bind to anion exchange media. SAN HQ 2.0 does not have a His-tag, and consequently does not bind to IMAC media. This allows easy separation if the protein of interest contains a His-tag.
- Source: Recombinantly produced in Pichia pastoris
- Molecular weight: 26 kDa
- Protein purity: > 99% by SDS-PAGE analysis
- Isoelectric point: 9.55
- Unit definition: One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that causes a ΔA260 = 1.0 in 30 minutes at 37°C in 25 mM Tris-HCI pH 8.5 (@25°C), 5 mM MgCl2, 500 mM NaCl, and 50 μg/ml calf thymus DNA.
- Specificity: Nonspecific endonuclease cleaving single- and double stranded DNA and RNA. The enzyme degrades DNA vs RNA in a 10:1 ratio.
- Working ranges:
- Temperature: 7 – 38°C, 4°C overnight, optimal: 30 – 38°C
- Salt concentration (NaCl / KCl): 100 - 900 mM, optimal: 400 - 650 mM
- Mg2+: >1 mM is required for activity, optimal 5 - 50 mM
- pH: 7.3 – 9.2, optimal 8.2 - 8.8
Note: The working range is defined as ~10% of activity and optimal range is ~80% of activity.
- Tolerance to typical buffer additive:
- Triton X-100: No reduction in activity (tested up to 15%)
SAN HQ 2.0 ELISA kit
ArcticZymes offers SAN HQ 2.0 ELISA kit to confirm the removal of SAN HQ 2.0 in bioprocessing and biomanufacturing applications.
- Quantification range: 0.2 – 12.8 ng/ml
- RSD ≤ 15%
- 100% ± 15%